Friday, November 16, 2012

For Each Thing There Is A Season

 
Fall begins to slip through my fingers while Winter muscles its way in, always so impatient. I grasp hold of Fall's rich vibrant cloak but only succeed in dragging it to the floor.  Wet muddy and crumpled it lays discarded at my feet.  I heave a sigh and look up to find it already replaced by muted tones of brown and grey. 
 

I sit here and mourn my loss a while, already anxious for Fall's next visit . . .
 

. . . until I notice Jack Frost, Winter's accomplice has been dancing around our yard.  My mood lightens and I can't help but smile as I realize that for each thing there is a season.

6 comments:

  1. Yes, and each season has a beauty of its own. I am partial to the beauty of Autumn and Winter.
    Stay warm and have a Happy Thanksgiving.
    audrey ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, no matter how much we want one season to hang around, time does move on. Love your description of trying to hold onto autumn's cloak. Evocative imagery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brenda, Fall never seems to last long enough.

      Delete
  3. I love that first photo, just gorgeous colors. And the others show the passing of the season. Time does march on, and each season has it's pluses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely, lovely, lovely! I love the description of how winter "muscles its way in".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa, Winter has most definitely muscled its way in. Turned very cold and everything is so bare and stark.

      Delete