Thursday, July 18, 2013

Lazy Summer Days

I've been feeling pretty exhausted lately so I've been embracing with the whole 'lazy days of summer' concept.


I think the dogs are embracing it too.  Ravyn hasn't been loving the heat and humidity so when she's not swimming in the pool she likes to be inside in the cool.


It's taken months of talking about it but this past weekend we finally got our window boxes planted up.  I love petunia's, they always make me smile.

 
I have managed to get some painting time in but I find that I keep repainting pieces that I'm working on and starting over.  Not sure about the color direction this one is headed in, think it could be another for the redo pile.


I was happy with the way this one turned out though.  Proper photos of the finished piece to come soon.


Well I plan to spend the day curled up with a book (the housework can wait), what about you? 

8 comments:

  1. Poor pups! The heat is hard on all of us.

    Love your creations, Kathryn, and look forward to seeing more. xo

    Today, I'm making something from blueberries. Not sure what. Have an awesome day relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today I don't have anything on my calendar so I plan to stay inside with the a/c cranked, do some housecleaning, and read a book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Friend-Dog days indeed. That whole book idea sounds great. If only I could devote a day or two. It has been hot here (I'm not complaining) too so in the evenings around 7 I have taken a book, driven to the beach and sat on the beach wall for 45 min or so enjoying the air.
    I've been thinking about you but not had much blog reading time so I'm out of touch. I hope relaxing today gets you feeling rested and well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not good at "lazy" - but I may need to take your example to heart - and learn when it is time to rest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We all need our 'lazy' days . . . I say embrace them.

      Delete
  5. I've been away from blogs for awhile, and I've missed reading your posts (long story, mostly back pain -- I know you can relate). I love these glimpses into your days. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been away from blogs for awhile, and I've missed reading your posts (long story, mostly back pain -- I know you can relate). I love these glimpses into your days. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa, I'm so sorry. Back pain can be so debilitating. Hope you're doing better. Gentle hugs. xoxo

      Delete